Madaripur District

Madaripur as a subdivition began its journey in 1854. In 1984 it was turned into a district. It was named as a Madaripur district after Sufi saint Badruddin shah Madar (15th c). Its total area is 1,144 sq km.From the very beginning, Madaripur district police kicked off its administrative work and now it comprises 01 circle including 05 police stations: Madaripur Sadar, Rajoir, Kalkini, Chashar and Shibchar; 03 town out posts, 05 investigation centers and 01 river out post.